Tuesday, August 21, 2012

1st Day of First Grade!

How is this boy old enough to be gone all day in 1st grade???!!!


I know I probably sound like a broken record but time just goes by too fast.  He's in school for real now... like gone-all-day-long school!  He's my little buddy & I'm going to miss him.  He doesn't get to eat lunch with me anymore, he has to wake up early, he rides the bus, he's in 1st grade!  It's crazy all the worry that goes into sending your baby off to school!  I don't want him to every get teased... I want him to always be nice to everyone, I want him to get whatever he needs from his teacher, I want him to feel successful in school, I want to shelter him forever!

I had to hold back the tears a few times this morning but he told me he was actually going to try to make me cry... He thinks it's funny.  LoL  He told me, "Mom, you know that now I'm in first grade I'm big."  (I tell them all the time to stop growing up!)  & Then told me to look at him so he could see my watery eyes.  hahah.  He cracks me up!

I asked him how he was feeling and he told me "very excited!"  I'm so glad he's happy & excited for school.... it makes it easier on ME!  Yesterday when we met his teacher (who I think we are going to love btw!), he had to fill out a paper circling emotion pictures telling how he felt about 1st grade.  The options were- happy, sad, excited, scared.  I was kinda relieved to see that.  I wonder sometimes if it's harder on the mommies that it is on the kiddies!!  
I love you Scotty boy!  You're going to have a super great year!

This is his excited face!


1st day of First Grade!!
August 21, 2012
When I grow up I want to be a... Super Hero!

It's so bright & early mom!  The sun is right in my eyes!

He loves his new lunch box!

Shane, Kaleb, Presley, Scotty.
 Bye Bugga Boo!  Have a great day!
(sigh) ;(
& There were only a few tears...
after he left of course!

No comments: