Friday, February 1, 2008

Binki Baby??

So Scotty has always LOVED his binki (& so have I). Any time he's crying in the car or woken in the middle of the night we just pop it in and he's quiet. Also when he's really tired and he sees his binki, he gets so happy and gets even more tired and is so happy to go to bed.



Well, I just assumed Gracelynn would love hers too... NOPE. I bought like 4 different kinds and she has gagged on every single one I've tried. She did take the green hospital binki every once in a while (the only one she didn't gag on) but I wasn't a huge fan of them. I wanted her to take a cute one. haha. She started sucking her thumb at one point and did it for like a week straight and then all the sudden acted like she couldn't find it anymore.



Anyway, I keep trying binki's even tho she still acts like a newborn and can't keep it in her mouth for very long. WELL... yesterday I gave it to her because she wouldn't stop crying and I knew she wasn't hungry just VERY tired. I ran it under hot water to warm it up and get it wet and SHE TOOK IT! She sucked on it practically all day! YAY! Finally, at almost 5 months she is starting to become a binki baby :)

2 comments:

Jake, Teylor, Walker & Hayes said...

You are so lucky!! Walker took the hospital one for like 2 weeks and has never taken one sense. I think I spent about $40.00 on binkis - trying every kind - still won't take one. So frustrating - he had a hard time soothing. He is good now, but there are times (like in the car) when I wish he would take a binki!! Great news for Gracelynn!

The Bengtzen Family said...

I didn't know she wasn't taking one... that is great news for you!! Have fun breaking them of that habit, I hear that is a hard habit for young kids to break. I sure hope mine will take one!!