Monday, December 22, 2008
Fourteen!
What does 14 mean? You may ask yourselves. 14 is the number of times Scotty boy got out of bed last night before falling asleep! YES FOURTEEN!!!!!! Can I just tell you how hard it was to be patient after just 5?!? But he ALWAYS had a reason... of course. The first time was because he forgot his blue blankie. 2: Gracee's car was in his room and he wanted it out. 3: He wanted to turn the wheel on her car. 4: Needed to pee. 5: Wanted a drink of milk. 6: Wanted to sleep in Daddy's bed. 7: Needed a drink of water (which by the way he has a water bottle on his bed!) 8: Was too hot and didn't want covers on. 9: Daddys bed again (no... you can sleep in daddy's bed in the morning). 10: ANOTHER DANG DRINK! 11: Dropped the lid off the water bottle. 12: I can't even remember the last 3! BUT 14?!? That is for sure a RECORD. It was definately a test on my patience. Let me just tell you that this up and down lasted for about 45 minutes. I stayed calm the whole time EVEN THO IT WAS MIDNIGHT by the 14th time!!!!! Yep, you read right... MIDNIGHT! He went to bed a little later than usual but his normal bed time is 10:45. He usually get's up a few times but last night was just crazy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Wow 14 times, you are such a great mom and so patient with Scotty. I think it's pretty funny all the things Scotty came up with so he could get out of bed.
Oh my gosh! I remember those days. When we first moved Jace from his crib to his "big-boy-bed" he would come in our room over and over for like an hour or an hour and a half! We stayed strong though, and never gave in, and after a month or so he was over it. He goes to bed without a fight now. I thought it would never end. The trick is to not give in, not even once. Otherwise, he will keep trying until you give in again. Dang kids are so smart!
Oh my goodness! That is soooo funny! I loved all of the reasons for getting out of bed. Hey, at least he sleeps till almost noon everyday! I hope that you were able to sleep in too!
Oh my goodness, honey, I am feeling for you. I do not look forward to moving a child into a bed they can actually get out of. Eeeek!! Good luck with that. Anyway, your family pictures are absolutely darling. Hope your holiday was wonderful.
Post a Comment